cheap home network

Where the shampoo hits the fan...
n00b Geek

cheap home network

Post by the evil one »

i've decided to set up a cheap homme network when i build and have found cheap cards that dj-007 says will work for what i want and i am getting a router from him now i just need the cable i though ethernet but derek told me that phone line cable would work some how so my question is does anyone know where i can get cheap cable not sure how much i will need but what is the best for dollar
( insert witty remark )
Yeah, I know...

Re: cheap home network

Post by thefordmccord »

the evil one wrote:i've decided to set up a cheap homme network when i build and have found cheap cards that dj-007 says will work for what i want and i am getting a router from him now i just need the cable i though ethernet but derek told me that phone line cable would work some how so my question is does anyone know where i can get cheap cable not sure how much i will need but what is the best for dollar

You can't network though phone cable. That won't work.

You need to get either CAT5e or CAT6 cable.

Tiger Direct has some cheap cable.
McDesktop: X5670 [email protected]~NZXT X61~ASUS Sabertooth X58~24gb Kingston HyperX 1866~EVGA GTX 970~NZXT HALEv2 1000w PSU~Crucial M500 960GB~2X2TB WD Green~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~3X 27" IPS Displays
is way cooler with the lights off

Post by l33tn3kk3dskillz »

thanks i was just wanting to know i know nothing about networks one of the reasons i want to do this not the main but one and thanks for the direction finder sorry about user names popping around it depends on which puter im on
Ares! Destroy my enemies and my life is yours!"