College Guys Want LAN!

Where the shampoo hits the fan...
n00b Geek

College Guys Want LAN!

Post by The_Last_Mohican »

So me and the other NCHS alumni have been talking and think it would be a good idea for ya'll to have a LAN in the very near future. I have about a week or so before i start work, Nighthawk has til may 30th b4 he ships out to south carolina, and lexon... well he doesnt have anything better to do, so we're just hoping that u all can get something together soon so we can lan it up.
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

yeah a lan realy does seem in order, but shouldnt this be under games and stuff.....???

i love how i have nother better to do lol, i have ...i have...well yeah ur right i have nothing better to do lol
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Yeah, I know...

Post by thefordmccord »

Well, isn't Mermorial Day on the 29th? I guess we could have a Mermorial Day LAN at my house or something. Or, how about Lexon's house?? That would work better for me.
McDesktop: X5670 [email protected]~NZXT X61~ASUS Sabertooth X58~24gb Kingston HyperX 1866~EVGA GTX 970~NZXT HALEv2 1000w PSU~Crucial M500 960GB~2X2TB WD Green~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~3X 27" IPS Displays
is way cooler with the lights off

Post by l33tn3kk3dskillz »

hey it all works for me i'll just hang out however by next school year i should be ableto play on my own computer
Ares! Destroy my enemies and my life is yours!"
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

how many do we normaly have in our "private" lans....?? im sure i could have one and theres alot of places to set up, not only in my room but in the basement..(my room lol)
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Yeah, I know...

Post by thefordmccord »

Well, I had 8 people bring computers at the last one at my house. I have a small stable I can bring for myself. I was also thinking, the 29th would be tight for Dan becasue he would be leaving on the next day. How about Sunday the 28th??
McDesktop: X5670 [email protected]~NZXT X61~ASUS Sabertooth X58~24gb Kingston HyperX 1866~EVGA GTX 970~NZXT HALEv2 1000w PSU~Crucial M500 960GB~2X2TB WD Green~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~3X 27" IPS Displays
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

we will need a switch or something, if we want to hook it all up. there is alot of room here but, im not setting this in stone yet. i can find out today or tomorrow if "maw and paw" are ok with it. besides that yes the date sounds good good for sunday, on monday my mom still would be working so it be kind of a bad idea. and for that reason i have no clue how late it could run or when it could start. plus how good is sunday for everyone...????
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Leroy Jenkins

Post by cman06 »

im all 4 it
I am really Shadow

Post by Myth »

I have to work Sunday
Cattle Prod The Oyster Ditch With The Lap Rocket

Jesus Saves, Moses Invests, Noah Spends
Derek = Durka?

Post by DJ_007 »

im game... actually i have yet to try out the dual core at a real LAN.... wt game??? if we do some unreal or somethign easy to run my laptop will run it too so i could have 2 puters... also i think we need to actually have teams and set up a bracket or something... i think we need to kinda be a little competitive at the future LANs...
AMD X6 1075T @3.8
8 gig Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600
Sapphire AMD HD6950 2gig
Turtle Beach DPX21 Optical headset
3 Seagate 500gig
1 Western Digital "WHITE LABEL" 1 TB
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

i deffenatly agree to that, but Unreal come on, we can do a little better then that, unless they finaly came out with a new one (all i ever play is BF2 so idk) we do need to do team things and we should set things up so there isnt as much screen hopping going on, or unfair teams (DJ_007 lol that was still great, the CoD sniper battle lol)

At my place we can do that with everyone bringing there own rig and shampoo, and i do ahve a good wireless here, but the internet is really slow lol and may crash with that many people.

so first we need to deside on the game.

a real number on how many people can come.

then teams.

Oh and frankly if we deside a game that u cant run on ur PC or u dont have a PC to run it, Dont Come unless u know that someone has one u can use.

(sounds mean yes, but i dont want people randomly setting around my house going nothing lol, this is a PC lan first and a social event second lol)

and further more this will be a competitive LAN, if ur going to bitch about what game the greater majoirity deside on then u dont have to come, but id still like to see u hear just to add flavor to the compatition (so as long and u can keep ur mouth shut on what we deside on.)

AND TEAM KILLING will not be tolorated unless and only unless the player killed says it is ok, or a gourpe of ur peers have mercy on ur soul.

lol, u know me most of this is just a joke and we have 2 weeks to deside so lets get everyones idea and input before we set real gound rules.

this is something that u guys should do at Lanapalooza before things go crazy lol.

any ways lets deside on a GAME.

FPS.
im thinking something like counter strike or along those lines, maybe half life, unreal would be ok it just seems like the game is really old. CoD (2 as well) doesnt sound to bad to me but we should deside on maps and team settings before hand (becuase some forces on one some maps and other on other maps that what i mean).

RTS.
the last lan i went to there was aobut 7 of us and we played Civ 3(great game). it just took a long ass time (8 hours for 1 game), but we also played some StarCraft and that was realy kind of fun lol (but we worked as teams lol). so i think we chould keep those in mind.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Derek = Durka?

Post by DJ_007 »

yeah i agree... ummm. i like RTS for good idea... FPS is more instant caiotic action... i really dont care wt game i just wanna LAN like crazy ...
AMD X6 1075T @3.8
8 gig Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600
Sapphire AMD HD6950 2gig
Turtle Beach DPX21 Optical headset
3 Seagate 500gig
1 Western Digital "WHITE LABEL" 1 TB
Leroy Jenkins

Post by cman06 »

i say make it a fps they are much better and have more instant action which i think people prefer more and everyone cna play those.
n00b Geek

Post by The_Last_Mohican »

i dont really care either way. FPS would be fun, as would RTS. Although im personally an RTS guy i'm open to either one. assuming i don't have to work on the 28th im game. But with the crazy shifts I'll be working i can't garentee anything until about a week b4 the lan.
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

ok FPS as stands but which one....theres so many to chose from lol. And as it stands everyone thats posted well besides, l33tn3kk3dskillz that has a PC to play a real game, is the doom 3 mutliplayer any good....?? we should really open our games up if thats the case, what about like a FryCry....?

If you people that are going to show up exp. Lord, "the father D" (i forget ur user name on here), whoever, id really like to get a gourp out here, we could even cook out depending on weather. But could u post and let ur voice be heard....?

and if u are at nicholas could u tell people abuot it....we could do 360's i have the big Tv in the living room and im sure we can figure something out.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0