UNIX

Where the shampoo hits the fan...
Limp Geek

UNIX

Post by 08aisaac »

I was thinking about how much I don't like being restricted to Windows for the rest of my life.

So I want to use some sort of UNIX.

And I know that a few people here know a crapload about it. So where could I learn the most about it? Is there something that I could read that could teach me alot about it?

Which is best for a beginner? I plan on installing it myself on this computer, and running windows on another. But if anyone has any great reading material, or suggestions, please tell.

<EDIT>

Nevermind
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

well this weekend the plan with me and a buddy is to instal the hack edition onto my porta drive, so then all i need is a USB port on a computer and i can run my own system settings (we figured it work so we would try but if it does i can start to tell u tricks to them if i figure any out.

but as for now or if i cant get it to work, do like what u did with windows play and learn play and learn.....
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

Well its installedo n my drive lol, but now it wont boot so where still playing with it lol, and my laptop has turned into my PHLAK PC lol so my pro hacking linux assulte kit is up and running now lol...i requ phlak if u do that
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Limp Geek

Post by 08aisaac »

I learned that like every shampoo modem I have are winmodems, so I need to buy a new one...

But with my new computer, I should be able to use Linux, and then use the labtop that I get from school as my windows machine.

Maybe I can learn about setting up a network in my house, and use this one to control it, with UNIX. Sounds like a fun project, and I'll learn alot.

Good luck with your install.