The D!rt PC

Where the shampoo hits the fan...
Richard Cranium

The D!rt PC

Post by Lexon Avery »

ok guys i have 475 buck i need a cheap ass PC

Y.......????????

because, this fall ill be a morehead rooming with ppl i dont know and that i dont know if i can trust just yet. in which case i am planing to buy off of dell or a E at walmart. my other option is BUILD!!!

im going to buy a LCD from dell to match the one i have so dont worry about the that. next the case and power r also taken care of as well so u dont have to worry about that either.

so $475

min. req:

a P4 (does not have to be HT but power to u if it is)

graphics (i dont really care but if u can figure a way to get off of onboard agien power to u try to plz)

512 ram

network ready

HDD space id like at least 20 or better but u know what ever works

dvd burner (must have y im at school just think of all the movies i could get from ppl hehehehehehe)

i think thats about it have fun post what u come up with

and come on guys im let some of u loose on what u love newegg! so do ur worst lol

thz... ill post what i come up with as well
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Yeah, I know...

Post by thefordmccord »

What?
McDesktop: X5670 [email protected]~NZXT X61~ASUS Sabertooth X58~24gb Kingston HyperX 1866~EVGA GTX 970~NZXT HALEv2 1000w PSU~Crucial M500 960GB~2X2TB WD Green~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~3X 27" IPS Displays
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

my mom doesnt think its safe and frankly i dont like the idea of in trusting my pc to someone i dont know so im up to build a piece of dirt pc...

the more i think aboout it the more i feel its a stupid idea and i should suck it up mom and dad still thinks its not safe but i might go ahea and bring it anyways.

so if u can some up this a 17'' CTR

and a computer for less then 750 thats me

note: i can take some of the part out of this pc and change it around like my dvd drive and graphics card but if i move the card i need to get a new one thats equal to onboard or alittle worse.

ps. i am leaning more to just sucking it up and bringing mine. so if u dont want to do this thats ok..but i know some ppl out there love playing around with newegg as much as i do so i figured id give them something to do
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Yeah, I know...

Post by thefordmccord »

I think that it would be pretty shampoo stupid to put money into another computer to take to school. Put a lock on the case so that that it can't be opened, chain it to the desk, and use a good password. If they ask to use it, tell them to buy get their own shampoo computer...
McDesktop: X5670 [email protected]~NZXT X61~ASUS Sabertooth X58~24gb Kingston HyperX 1866~EVGA GTX 970~NZXT HALEv2 1000w PSU~Crucial M500 960GB~2X2TB WD Green~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~3X 27" IPS Displays
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

thats what i told my mom

see most likely the kids im rooming with are rednecks so they wont know whats i have in it or y its so fast.

what would i chain the pc too..lol..??

i already have a lock on the back and i keep the key in my wallet so thats easy.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0