American culture

Shampoo and more Shampoo
Richard Cranium

American culture

Post by Lexon Avery »

What is the “American culture” ?

Well nighthawk here you go lol, i feel like talking about what the american culture should be and is....and becoming...and was....and..........

What is with this melting pot anyways....??? last time i checked everyone is waving there own nationalities flag around. Its like its symbolic or something..or do they not know they are in America?
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
antique farm machinery sold here

Post by nighthawk101 »

oh boy.... well I've actually got a paper I did on this for my english class this semester. Its five pages long so I wont post it....but I cant make it available if anyone is interested.
Im not being agressive, im being dominant
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

just post it, id like to read it either way.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
n00b Geek

Post by bhs_pirates »

lexon, "american culture" is the "great melting pot" of all cultures of all the immigrants (legal and ILLEGAL)...culture is defined by the people, so there's my best answer for you
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

bhs_pirates wrote:lexon, "american culture" is the "great melting pot" of all cultures of all the immigrants (legal and ILLEGAL)...culture is defined by the people, so there's my best answer for you

did you just post that because that’s what my paper is all about, (federal government trying to provide equal opportunity
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
n00b Geek

Post by bhs_pirates »

did you just post that because that’s what my paper is all about, (federal government trying to provide equal opportunity
no...that's what it is
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

keep in mind im not trying to get a real answer to this question, but more like a greater idea in what it should mean to be an american, or to have an American Culture.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Lite Geek

Post by SEANTHOMAS90 »

but more like a greater idea in what it should mean to be american, or to have an American Culture.

Just so we don't have to adapt to other cultures and to keep the American Culture the way it is maybe. My idea is to make life easier for ourselves than other countries around the globe.
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

SEANTHOMAS90 wrote:Just so we don't have to adapt to other cultures and to keep the American Culture the way it is maybe.
We don’t have to adapt to anyone yeah, but we should understand each other and our own culture if we are to get anywhere, or to do the later half.

Which as you stated
SEANTHOMAS90 wrote:My idea is to make life easier for ourselves than other countries around the globe.
I don’t think easier is the goal but higher quality, and in turn many innovations from this has made life easier (exp: Cars, Computers, Cameras). Do u get what I’m saying?

Edit: higher quality and sufficiently

We have adapted to cultures and in doing so the current goal is to become a drug dealing pimp, who most likely has kids he doesn’t know of and ever sexually transmitted disease known to man. Or in our women’s mind a hot piece of ass (for self confidences) Single mother of three at the age of 18 or 19(to show independence from men) that has a so-so job.

Of course if none of these work out well there is always welfare I can fall back on. What the shampoo..???

If that’s the effect of a “melting pot” of cultures, shoot me in the head.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Lite Geek

Post by SEANTHOMAS90 »

Hmm.... it may take awhile to find the actual answer to this question.

Post by nighthawk101 »

here is the link to my excellent non-melting pot answer to your questions paper

http://ukwildcathoo.temp.powweb.com/mis ... ennett.doc
purple drank in da house

Post by Guess Who? »

bhs_pirates wrote:lexon, "american culture" is the "great melting pot" of all cultures of all the immigrants (legal and ILLEGAL)...culture is defined by the people, so there's my best answer for you
I have no idea where your coming from or trying to get at with this post, but when you hear "American culture" and the melting pot is the first thing you think of, then you shouldn't even be posting.

When I saw this post the first thing I thought was, is what I imagine to be a 1950s environment (my opinion one of the greatest periods of time in this country). This was a time of pure patriotism and nationalism (this is what made the time so great). Everyone had pride in their country, and you didn't ever here about this protesting and antigovernment crap you do now.

During this time our society was built of strong moral fiber and everyone supported basic morals and values. The importance of family was enstowed on everyone... A family consisted of a working father, a mother that worked only on domestic chores (raising children, cooking, cleaning, etc.), a son, and a daughter... that is the ideal family in my opinion. I hate it when people nowadays try to say that a family can be anything, lance bass couples, single parents, stuff like that.

At an early age the boy is taught the importance of serving his country and a good work ethic. The girl is taught by her mother how to take care of things around the house.

Outside every house there proudly waves an American flag, a picket fence, and a woody in the driveway (you get the picture).

I could write a book on it...
Lite Geek

Post by Art Vandelay »

nighthawk101 wrote:here is the link to my excellent non-melting pot answer to your questions paper

http://ukwildcathoo.temp.powweb.com/mis ... ennett.doc
Do you think it's wrong to learn another language in school besides English?

Why then would colleges deem it so important to make it a requirement that high school students take two courses of a foreign language to be able to be admitted to a university?

I don't think you have anything to fear about Hanukkah overtaking the popularity of Christmas anytime soon. :lol: I can't remember ever going into a store after Halloween is over and seeing a zillion Hanukkah decorations. Or Kwanzaa either, for that matter. As for Cinco de Mayo, it's probably more of a big deal here than in Mexico because people are under the impression that it's another excuse to get drunk and celebrate. Most Americans don't know what it's about but they do know that you can get 2 for 1 drinks at a local Chi-Chi's on May 5th.

Don't discount Halloween, either. According to retailers, next to Christmas, it is the second highest grossing holiday where consumers are spending millions of dollars on decorations, candy, and costumes each year.

I do agree that we've gone overboard with multi-culturalism, though. A truly united country can't be everything to everybody all of the time. It's really depressing when our leaders (democrats and republicans alike) ,as a whole, are morally bankrupt. Honestly, I think we are a nation in decline in a lot of ways.

It may not be too unrealistic to forsee that America will become an Arab state someday. The muslims are far more driven than other ethnic groups to take over and dominate despite their claim of being a peaceful religion. Militant muslims are patient enough to plan a gradual take over of western countries without ever needing to shed a drop of blood. All one has to do is look to what is happening to Europe now to see the future of Western civilization as we know it.
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

I’m with art on this one to a point the papers title is the melting pot that will not blend but it sounds more like your ideas on speaking English in the US. (its still Very good lol)

I think you tend to forget that the main birth of this county was in search for a better way of life (and then they got taxed and that war happened.) the point that u are forgetting may just be cause of the idea on what culture is. I think culture Is the way a group can unit under a idea (good of bad) the reason the euro growth in colonial times accrued was under a united way of thinking “A better life” everything a colonialist felt in his heart and in his mind was for the greater good of his life(and/or family’s). Back then it was HARD to immigrate to the US.

all countries in Europe basically speak there own language for “a better life” after the long journey across an Ocean in a sorry ass wood ship packed full (for the most part) they got here and they all began to speak English after a while.

And further more why didn’t you ask the question “IF English is raciest what color is it??” and then ask “What color is Spanish??” If anything the English we speak in the states today is packed full with other languages words, and ways to use them.

And as for what holidays are traditional or not, and you say Memorial Day and Presidents Day, what is Martin Luther King Day…? And Black history month…?

Can those define American culture; does Presidents Day define who we are or what we are…? Is what we are our Culture…? Or is it what thou use’s to connect himself with others unitarily??

American culture is supposed to be to find a better way of life. American culture is supposed to be for the Greater good of ALL. Americans today won’t stand for anything and that is why the Middle Eastern Muslims will conquer us(fighting or breeding), its because we cannot see the greater good for ALL anymore, and we cannot fight ourselves out of what we have to what we are.

How young we are today to what once was, how foolish we are today to what once was. This is the same reason why Rome fell, its because of the fight of definition of “self”, and definition of “ALL”, and definition of “Truth” for the three. (truth is normally good lol)

P.S. I still very much like the paper ****
P.P.S. How far in to Bennett’s book did you get when u wrote this (i hope not page 5)…??
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0

Post by nighthawk101 »

Art Vandelay wrote:
Do you think it's wrong to learn another language in school besides English?
No. Learning another language is fine. The fact that we have bi-lingual general education is repulsive.?
Art Vandelay wrote:I don't think you have anything to fear about Hanukkah overtaking the popularity of Christmas anytime soon. :lol: I can't remember ever going into a store after Halloween is over and seeing a zillion Hanukkah decorations. Or Kwanzaa either, for that matter. As for Cinco de Mayo, it's probably more of a big deal here than in Mexico because people are under the impression that it's another excuse to get drunk and celebrate. Most Americans don't know what it's about but they do know that you can get 2 for 1 drinks at a local Chi-Chi's on May 5th.
Its not that those holidays might become more popular... its that they are being pushed.... period. It is of a culture that is not ours.
Art Vandelay wrote:I do agree that we've gone overboard with multi-culturalism, though. A truly united country can't be everything to everybody all of the time. It's really depressing when our leaders (democrats and republicans alike) ,as a whole, are morally bankrupt. Honestly, I think we are a nation in decline in a lot of ways.
agree
Art Vandelay wrote:It may not be too unrealistic to forsee that America will become an Arab state someday. The muslims are far more driven than other ethnic groups to take over and dominate despite their claim of being a peaceful religion. Militant muslims are patient enough to plan a gradual take over of western countries without ever needing to shed a drop of blood. All one has to do is look to what is happening to Europe now to see the future of Western civilization as we know it.
Europe has been overtaken by multiculturalism as well... its just that they are closer to the arabs than we are. They problems we are having with mexicans is the same problem they have with arabs.

My main beef with multiculturalism is that every other race has a homeland. Every other race has a nation that is not tainted by outsiders and where their heritage is preserved. Whites do not have that. All white countries are forced to integrate. That is simply not right. There is no call for Israel. China, India, Pakistan, Angola etc to become more diverse. However, in every white country, diversity is being forced and the majority is being stamped out.