American culture

Shampoo and more Shampoo
User avatar
Art Vandelay
Lite Geek
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Mulletville

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 23, 2006 6:35 pm

nighthawk101 wrote:Yes, Paul was a Jew by blood .....but a Christian by faith... whats your point?

Pauls writings are NOT for a jewish audience. THey are for a Christian audience.


The book of Hebrews is called Hebrews for a reason because the audience it was intended for was Jewish. It was written specifically to prove to Jewish readers who Jesus was.
User avatar
nighthawk101
antique farm machinery sold here
Posts: 931
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:17 pm

Postby nighthawk101 » Tue May 23, 2006 6:37 pm

Oh im getting tired of this...


The jews are not totally cast away. They are set aside until the fulfillment of the Gentiles. Hebrews states how the old covenant is no more and the new one is through Christ. Jews still must accept Christ to be saved... they cant be saved just because they are Jewish.

Jesus was a religious Jew. It is impossible for him to be any race... Jewish, Caucasian, African, whatever.... he was implanted in the womb.. no earthly genetics were used in His making.


And hell, whos to know whats actually 100% correct in the Bible. Its been handled by humans for more than 2000 years... and that includes the Catholic Church.
Im not being agressive, im being dominant
User avatar
nighthawk101
antique farm machinery sold here
Posts: 931
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:17 pm

Postby nighthawk101 » Tue May 23, 2006 6:38 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
nighthawk101 wrote:Yes, Paul was a Jew by blood .....but a Christian by faith... whats your point?

Pauls writings are NOT for a jewish audience. THey are for a Christian audience.


The book of Hebrews is called Hebrews for a reason because the audience it was intended for was Jewish. It was written specifically to prove to Jewish readers who Jesus was.


Great... if they find and accept Christ... that kinda no longer makes them religious Jews. It makes them Christian.
Im not being agressive, im being dominant
User avatar
Art Vandelay
Lite Geek
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Mulletville

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 23, 2006 6:49 pm

nighthawk101 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
nighthawk101 wrote:Yes, Paul was a Jew by blood .....but a Christian by faith... whats your point?

Pauls writings are NOT for a jewish audience. THey are for a Christian audience.


The book of Hebrews is called Hebrews for a reason because the audience it was intended for was Jewish. It was written specifically to prove to Jewish readers who Jesus was.


Great... if they find and accept Christ... that kinda no longer makes them religious Jews. It makes them Christian.


It makes them Messianic Jews.
I wonder why circumscision is still popular with Christians though...

As for American culture, I hope this isn't the beginning of the end.
User avatar
nighthawk101
antique farm machinery sold here
Posts: 931
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:17 pm

Postby nighthawk101 » Tue May 23, 2006 7:51 pm

If they combine the two religions then they are. They could fully convert though.


Im glad im circumscized... I dont want to deal with all that extra shampoo.
Im not being agressive, im being dominant
User avatar
Art Vandelay
Lite Geek
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Mulletville

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 23, 2006 8:17 pm

Found this in Wikipedia... Ideally being a Jewish is a combination of at least three things: maternal lineage, following the law, and maintaining the lifestyle.

Jewish identity

What makes a person Jewish?


According to Jewish law, someone is considered to be a Jew if he or she was born of a Jewish mother or converted in accord with Jewish Law. (Recently, the American Reform and Reconstructionist movements have included those born of Jewish fathers and gentile mothers, if the children are raised practicing Judaism only.) All mainstream forms of Judaism today are open to sincere converts.

A Jew who ceases to practice Judaism is still considered a Jew, as is a Jew who does not accept Jewish principles of faith and becomes an agnostic or an atheist; so too with a Jew who converts to another religion. However, in the latter case, the person loses standing as a member of the Jewish community and becomes known as an apostate. In the past, family and friends were said often to formally mourn for the person, though this is rarely done today.

Even if Jesus was not a follower of the principles of faith, he would still have been considered a Jew just because of his mother's roots. I know what you are saying that Jesus transcended race, but as a mortal he would have been viewed and treated as a Jew. I wonder if he would have been thought of as a liberal back in his day since he was trying to reform Judaism.

That being said, if that is what defines a person Jewish, did we decide what combination things now define American culture these days? (I'm trying to bring this back around somehow to the original thread idea)
User avatar
nighthawk101
antique farm machinery sold here
Posts: 931
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:17 pm

Postby nighthawk101 » Tue May 23, 2006 8:30 pm

This is really getting old.... I've gone over this several times.


In all other cases, yes... You are racially Jewish if your mom is Jewish because she gave you her 23 chromosomes and you have her blood in her. That is not the case with Jesus' birth.


As for culture... Common language, religion, borders, heritage, etc define it.
Im not being agressive, im being dominant
User avatar
Lexon Avery
Richard Cranium
Posts: 1566
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:57 pm
Location: Morehead
Contact:

Postby Lexon Avery » Tue May 23, 2006 9:11 pm

Ok looks like I shouldn’t leave my computer for a day…

This is just a few things I want to comment on, most of the rest of it was just between u two so ill leave it at that. Sorry I don’t Quote block all of these, just because I took them out of your 3 page conflict.

Nighthawk“Culture to me is things like language, religion, ethnicity/race, common heritage etc. “

sounds more like national ism to me.

And then there’s the Jew talk which im not trying to reopen at all lol.

Nighthawk”Their positions of extreme power in this country has nothing to do with God... it has to do with American stupidity.”

must be those christen beliefs that make us that way,

Nighthawk “What? Jewish wealth is accumulated because they are extremely tribal and intelligent with money.”

Intelligent …gods people…I think I see a connection…., Jewish or for that manner Hebrew philosophy is crazy great lol

Nighthawk “Yes, again religiously a Jew. Keep in mind that essentially Christians are too as the Torah is simply the first 5 books of the Old Testamanet.”

For the most part the Torah is the first 5 but there’s a lot more to them then that. Especial in first book (note: that information is a mix of what I have read so I don’t know if there to much truth to that but from what I have read I believe it.)


Nighthawk “Why trace it through Joseph? I dont know... it would be quite pointless, considering Mary was a virgin. He had nothing to do with the conception. Mary, truly didnt either... she was simply a vessel.”

That’s why lesbians like Mary, she didn’t have to use that “Sick creator known as man to bare child.”

Art “then Jesus is not the Messiah and that Christianity is a lie. End of argument.”

lol

Art “I wonder why circumscision is still popular with Christians though...”

because it’s cool gosh.

Nighthawk” As for culture... Common language, religion, borders, heritage, etc define it.”


That sounds more like mindless/heartless NATIONALISM to me.

How about a united idea….

The car culture

The rap culture

The art cultures (sorry none pop into mind right off the bat)

The Jewish culture

The lance bass culture

The rock culture

The muscle car culture

The Western Culture

All of these are not just ideas, but they don’t have boarders, language, and heritage(for the most part)also I don’t think all of these are real cultures do to a lack of any real evident proof that they are a culture I.E. lance bass, rap, rock, but really a lack of creativity and real individualism
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
User avatar
nighthawk101
antique farm machinery sold here
Posts: 931
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:17 pm

Postby nighthawk101 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:31 pm

when I think of culture I think in more national terms and something that the nation as a whole shares. Not small sects of the population.
Im not being agressive, im being dominant
User avatar
Lexon Avery
Richard Cranium
Posts: 1566
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:57 pm
Location: Morehead
Contact:

Postby Lexon Avery » Tue May 23, 2006 10:28 pm

nighthawk101 wrote:when I think of culture I think in more national terms and something that the nation as a whole shares. Not small sects of the population.


Me too in a way, but I don't think we have to get so finite on things for an AMERICAN culture to have meaning. That is why I use the barebones meaning that culture is a group of people that are united under one ideal mind set.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
User avatar
Art Vandelay
Lite Geek
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Mulletville

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed May 24, 2006 8:32 am

nighthawk101 wrote:
In all other cases, yes... You are racially Jewish if your mom is Jewish because she gave you her 23 chromosomes and you have her blood in her. That is not the case with Jesus' birth.




So here's a question for you Nighthawk...... As a mortal being, whose DNA did Jesus have?

If someone could have performed a DNA test on Jesus, what do you think they would find?
User avatar
nighthawk101
antique farm machinery sold here
Posts: 931
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:17 pm

Postby nighthawk101 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:32 am

Who knows? Im sure Christ looked like the people around him, but I find it impossible that he had a certain race's genetics. There was no earthly being that helped with his creation. He was simply placed in a womb.
Im not being agressive, im being dominant
User avatar
Myth
I am really Shadow
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Behind You

Postby Myth » Wed May 24, 2006 1:42 pm

nighthawk101 wrote:Who knows? Im sure Christ looked like the people around him, but I find it impossible that he had a certain race's genetics. There was no earthly being that helped with his creation. He was simply placed in a womb.


But wouldn't he still be half of what his mother was?
Cattle Prod The Oyster Ditch With The Lap Rocket

Jesus Saves, Moses Invests, Noah Spends
User avatar
Art Vandelay
Lite Geek
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Mulletville

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed May 24, 2006 4:28 pm

Myth wrote:
nighthawk101 wrote:Who knows? Im sure Christ looked like the people around him, but I find it impossible that he had a certain race's genetics. There was no earthly being that helped with his creation. He was simply placed in a womb.


But wouldn't he still be half of what his mother was?


Maybe, maybe not. It depends on which theory you believe.

I thought this site was intriguing about the DNA question.
http://www.bibleanswerstand.org/QA_DNA-2.htm
User avatar
Art Vandelay
Lite Geek
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Mulletville

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed May 24, 2006 5:03 pm

If it's not too personal, how did you do with your paper? Did the professor like it or had comments about it?

I was just wondering since secondary education seems to really stress multi-culturalism even more these days.

Return to “Political Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest