American culture

Shampoo and more Shampoo
n00b Geek

Post by bhs_pirates »

I have no idea where your coming from or trying to get at with this post, but when you hear "American culture" and the melting pot is the first thing you think of, then you shouldn't even be posting.

When I saw this post the first thing I thought was, is what I imagine to be a 1950s environment (my opinion one of the greatest periods of time in this country). This was a time of pure patriotism and nationalism (this is what made the time so great). Everyone had pride in their country, and you didn't ever here about this protesting and antigovernment crap you do now.

During this time our society was built of strong moral fiber and everyone supported basic morals and values. The importance of family was enstowed on everyone... A family consisted of a working father, a mother that worked only on domestic chores (raising children, cooking, cleaning, etc.), a son, and a daughter... that is the ideal family in my opinion. I hate it when people nowadays try to say that a family can be anything, couples, single parents, stuff like that.

At an early age the boy is taught the importance of serving his country and a good work ethic. The girl is taught by her mother how to take care of things around the house.

Outside every house there proudly waves an American flag, a picket fence, and a woody in the driveway (you get the picture).
okay...we've established WHITE FAMILIES in the 50's, but what about BLACK, HISPANIC, ASIAN, etc. families in the 50's...what were they doing? where was their "white picket fences" and American flag in the yard?
antique farm machinery sold here

Post by nighthawk101 »

Hispanics and Asians???? In 1950 there were just over 300,000 Asian/Pacific Islanders living here... And there werent enough Hispanics to even do a census of them.

There were Blacks and Whites... that was pretty much it. Whites made up NINETY PERCENT of the population.

http://www.census.gov/population/docume ... /tab01.pdf

Where was their American flag in their yard? Judging off current standards, those hispanics and the like WOULDNT be flying an American flag in their yard... they would be flying a foreign flag in their yard. They come and have no intention of integrating themselves (not that they fully could be). They still stay loyal to their foreign lands...
Im not being agressive, im being dominant

Post by nighthawk101 »

Art Vandelay wrote:If it's not too personal, how did you do with your paper? Did the professor like it or had comments about it?

I was just wondering since secondary education seems to really stress multi-culturalism even more these days.
I got a B on it. My professor's comments included things such as "You are not including everyone in your view of society". He seems to grade more on whether or not he personally agrees as opposed to grading the structure of the writing and how well thoughts are written out...etc.
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

He seems to grade more on whether or not he personally agrees as opposed to grading the structure of the writing and how well thoughts are written out

Well if it’s a persuasive research paper then id rather have him grade on what he personally agrees on to show that I made an impact. Lol

I don’t think structure and form of a paper as anything to do with it if the writer cannot think for himself to write his own thoughts down. Like the paper posted in the gerenral discussion (something like worse roommate ever) the grade should be a F (or E what ever) if the writer himself has no real thoughts of his own, just a bunch of copy and paste. Now after the writer develops a thought then form is the difference between an A and a B. but still if it’s a persuasive research paper (like I think yours was.) then it shouldn’t manner.

This was a a persuasive research paper wasn’t it???

100 or 200??

I think I would have giving u a B as well ( BUT EVERONE knows I’m no English teacher lol) for the fact it seemed more like some kind of mindless force feed thought given to u from birth or something. I say that on ur strong approach to the topic. If ur looking to inform or persuades a reader u have to have better rhetoric in ur paper. dont hate me
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0

Post by nighthawk101 »

The assignment was to pick an article out of a certain chapter in our text book and write our thoughts on it. I was the only one that chose the immigration article. 95% of the class chose one of the several lance bass marriage articles.

The problem with him grading on whether or not he personally agrees with the topic is this... Lets say I wrote a pro lance bass paper.. he would have been estatic about that and given me good marks, like he did for everyone else that wrote such a paper. No one wrote an anti-lance bass paper but it was obvious where his stance on the subject was. If someone HAD written a paper on that topic.. no matter how good/informative/persuasive it was... it would NOT have gotten the same grade as a pro lance bass paper.

Same with mine... His comments for giving me a B were along the lines of "You dont include everyone".
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

nighthawk101 wrote:Same with mine... His comments for giving me a B were along the lines of "You dont include everyone".
Yeah but u didn’t, judging on rhetoric alone.

That’s funny that
The assignment was to pick an article out of a certain chapter in our text book and write our thoughts on it.
We had to write a page about a article in our book ever class period. And he would give u a 0 if it sounded like shampoo, and give u a 8/10 if u had real thought about it lol and a 9/10 if it was written well.

lance bass marriage HAHA i dont see what is so hard about it, if a "lance bass" was to be born "lance bass" he would have a"lance bass" sex orgain to reproduce with. guys have shampoo women have yeah end of stroy. what more could there be then that....???

see that what andrewrice07 sis and i used to get in a fight about all the time, i guess i never speeled it out like that before.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0

Post by nighthawk101 »

Thats because my intentions were not to include everyone... my intentions are to make this country back into what it used to be... a European country. Not a 3rd world clone with a 3rd world population.
I am really Shadow

Post by Myth »

nighthawk101 wrote:Thats because my intentions were not to include everyone... my intentions are to make this country back into what it used to be... a European country. Not a 3rd world clone with a 3rd world population.
If that were to happen how would you consider geting the minorities out and keeping them out.
Cattle Prod The Oyster Ditch With The Lap Rocket

Jesus Saves, Moses Invests, Noah Spends

Post by nighthawk101 »

Before the immigration act of 1965 we had an immigration policy that helped to keep the nations population basically at the same percentages. After that act, 3rd worlders were allowed to flood this land.

The minorities that are already legally here can stay, illegals must be deported immediately and new 3rd world immigrants should be stricken from obtaining citizenship, unless they have a skill that we desperately need them for.

Keeping most out would not be difficult as we have water surrounding us. Mexico is the only country that can have their population walk across the border. That can be fixed by doing several things... actually enforcing the laws of our country and punish those who hire illegals...deploy the Guard on the Southern Border. Etc.

Basically, this country is going to hell because our population is rapidly reflecting that of a 3rd world country. This country was founded, created, and brought to prominence by Europeans.
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

If that’s the case then Israel should be protected as well. we don’t want those 3rd world ariab counties flowing into Jewish Israel do we...?

Why we are at keep lesser people out why don’t we wall up our communists so no one can move in unless the gate keepers want them there... Gated communities wait we already have those, haven’t scene a trailer pulled in to suburbia lately.

That’s almost mind less and unchristian for sure. Ok so we close our board to Mexico and then feed them money how is that…?

Wait this money comes from the tax payers and goes to another country’s government…?? Sounds like a waste to me…kind of like a food for oil.

Ok so what is the answer great Lexon…??? Umm well how about we just take over the whole world…. Sounds good to me, or better yet how about we just kill them all…. Sounds good as well, and simple, mindless yes, unchristian for sure.

10% that’s it that’s all that’s needed.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Lite Geek

Post by Art Vandelay »

nighthawk101 wrote:
Keeping most out would not be difficult as we have water surrounding us. Mexico is the only country that can have their population walk across the border. That can be fixed by doing several things... actually enforcing the laws of our country and punish those who hire illegals...deploy the Guard on the Southern Border. Etc.
With all of your training that is going on, where do you think you will mostly likely be deployed to? Will you have to go overseas or just to the Mexican border?

With things being the way they currently are, I can't imagine that the United States would ever be able to revert back to 1950's-style population.
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

and local police forces werent drug dealers...wait isnt that carlisle.....hummmmmmmmm
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0

Post by nighthawk101 »

Lexon Avery wrote:If that’s the case then Israel should be protected as well. we don’t want those 3rd world ariab counties flowing into Jewish Israel do we...?
Frankly.... I dont give a damn about Israel. They are an extremely hypocritical state where they (and their many supporters) claim that they must remain soley Jewish and apartheid.... mean while if any other country attempts to preserve their population and heritage, they are racist. Its the typical double standard. If you call them out on it.. they play the Holocaust card... kind of like blacks playing the race card. Its a free pass to do basically whatever you feel like.

Post by nighthawk101 »

Art Vandelay wrote:
With all of your training that is going on, where do you think you will mostly likely be deployed to? Will you have to go overseas or just to the Mexican border?

With things being the way they currently are, I can't imagine that the United States would ever be able to revert back to 1950's-style population.
If a deployment is inevitable, im hoping the Mexican border. its atleast something I agree with.

No, we probably cant get back anytime soon to the 1950s style population... we can stop it from getting worse, however.
purple drank in da house

Post by Guess Who? »

nighthawk101 wrote:No, we probably cant get back anytime soon to the 1950s style population... we can stop it from getting worse, however.
With that being said, the only true solution is to deport them. Because like you said in your paper, they show no sign of assimilation to American culture. If they have more pride in their own country to fly their flag over ours, then they should just go back!

It's pitiful that our true ancestry and heritage only consists of 70% of our population. The people that sneak into our country are nothing but parasites that rape our economy and exploit it's identity. If they supposedly love our country so much than why do they flood our streets with their protests and steal American jobs. It kills me that it's taken the government this long to act on the problem.

Even now Bush's guest worker program is a joke and just gives them easier access to getting in the country. It's pretty strange that migrant workers only tend to migrate one way! It's sad that we have to put soldiers on our borders to wait for a bunch of boarder jumpers to cross.