Darwinism

Shampoo and more Shampoo
antique farm machinery sold here

Darwinism

Post by nighthawk101 »

How many have actually read Origin of Species?

It does NOT disprove intelligent design. It doesnt not even discuss that. It discusses how species have evolved from single cell to multi cell and such... NOT how they got here.

FWIW, Darwin was a theist.
Im not being agressive, im being dominant
Limp Geek

Post by 08aisaac »

He didn't even make a theory. He barely made a hypothesis. He just made alot of observations, and then everyone else added onto it, and now it's considered a theory.
According to Mrs. Satan John.
I have no opinion about it, it doesn't affect me.

Post by nighthawk101 »

IMO there is a definite theory present.
purple drank in da house

Re: Darwinism

Post by Guess Who? »

nighthawk101 wrote:How many have actually read Origin of Species?

It does NOT disprove intelligent design. It doesnt not even discuss that. It discusses how species have evolved from single cell to multi cell and such... NOT how they got here.

I didn't say that it had anything to do with Darwinism if that's why you made the topic... Darwinism is complete shampoo... Darwin never explained an actual Creation of the Universe theory (I suppose that he believed in the Big Bang, but he doesn't say anything about it in the Origin of Species).

Post by nighthawk101 »

Darwin is not shampoo... he is correct.

BTW, he was not a supporter of big bang theory or anything else. He was a theist.
purple drank in da house

Post by Guess Who? »

Some of his theories are plausible but even he said at his death bed that most of his idealism was a wild hypothesis to suit his other findings... (Or so I've read).

So do you believe in Intelligent Design or what? Cause it tends to be that most people that believe in God don't agree with Darwinism... I'm thinking that you are saying that you believe in Theism and that you believe that God created the unicellular organisms that evolved into us.

Do you believe in the Bible with this philosophy (as actual happenings) or just a book of morals and values? I'm really very surprised at this, what with your right-wing values and foundation... I figured you would be a Southern Baptist like me (to an extent).

Post by nighthawk101 »

I believe in theological evolution.

It is impossible to deny that evolution occurs. That does NOT mean that a big bang happened. It could simply mean that God created and creatures adapt to their environment.

PS.... Yes Im Baptist..

P.S.S. The majority of Christians do not believe in Darwinism and dont understand why. I suppose it could be because they believe that he DID advocate artifical design. But, of course, that is incorrect. Social Darwinism is ever present and folks are blind not to see it.
Yeah, I know...

Post by thefordmccord »

I thought that Darwin believed in curbstomping isajeeps...
McDesktop: X5670 [email protected]~NZXT X61~ASUS Sabertooth X58~24gb Kingston HyperX 1866~EVGA GTX 970~NZXT HALEv2 1000w PSU~Crucial M500 960GB~2X2TB WD Green~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~3X 27" IPS Displays

Post by nighthawk101 »

That is in there.
purple drank in da house

Post by Guess Who? »

nighthawk101 wrote:I believe in theological evolution.

It is impossible to deny that evolution occurs. That does NOT mean that a big bang happened. It could simply mean that God created and creatures adapt to their environment.

PS.... Yes Im Baptist..

P.S.S. The majority of Christians do not believe in Darwinism and dont understand why. I suppose it could be because they believe that he DID advocate artifical design. But, of course, that is incorrect. Social Darwinism is ever present and folks are blind not to see it.
Yeah that makes sense, however the "Social Darwinism" could have also happened after God created man (with the different environments around the world people are bound to be different because of adaptation taking effect). I agree with a lot of the things you're saying, but evolution could have occured ethier way, through environmental changes across the world or Darwin's unicelluar theory of evolution.

I definitely agree with you that the majority of Christians don't believe in Darwinism because they're are not educated about it, but the people that do know the theories and don't agree just put their complete faith in Christianity. So with that being said you can't say that the reason why some people don't believe in Darwinism is because they aren't educated (because some are just faithful to the Book 100%).

You hopefully believe in the Bible being enforced in school if evolution is also being taught, or do you? I haven't quite caught that yet...

Post by nighthawk101 »

Well... as I said, I believe in theological evolution.... so I believe that God created and creatures adapted to changing environments afterward.... so I believe that its impossible to teach one without the other.
purple drank in da house

Post by Guess Who? »

Alright then... now I understand... I looked up a lot about the Social Darwinism... and it makes perfect sense, I've thought the same thing without really knowing that it was a sect of Darwinism. I just considered it completely Mendel's natural selection.

I agree with it in the instances of not supporting welfare because we're just feeding the weak and allowing them to reproduce to create more of the same type. Also with this it strongly supports the theories and statements of German anthropologist which later will support Nazi Nordic Racism. It makes perfect sense now. It's not the full blown theory of Darwinism but it takes a lot of the aspects to support religion and science.

Post by nighthawk101 »

Guess Who? wrote:Alright then... now I understand... I looked up a lot about the Social Darwinism... and it makes perfect sense, I've thought the same thing without really knowing that it was a sect of Darwinism. I just considered it completely Mendel's natural selection.

I agree with it in the instances of not supporting welfare because we're just feeding the weak and allowing them to reproduce to create more of the same type. Also with this it strongly supports the theories and statements of German anthropologist which later will support Nazi Nordic Racism. It makes perfect sense now. It's not the full blown theory of Darwinism but it takes a lot of the aspects to support religion and science.
Which is true since Europeans are the root of nearly every single cultural, scientific and architectual achievement known to man.
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

nighthawk101 wrote:How many have actually read Origin of Species?

Sorry I arrived so late to the discussion it just took some time to read two books lol. One being origin of species the other will remain nameless until either this discussion picks back up or I have to use it in defense.

His theory of evolution (that is being taught today) is undoubtedly incorrect. As it was when it was first proposed, for the very same reasons today.

Show me fossil records to support, show me a sign of evolution in the last 180 years. Show me proof. Tell me just how the eye evolved. I'd rather be spoon feed the bible then this sorry idea of "science" to fact.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
purple drank in da house

Post by Guess Who? »

Lexon Avery wrote:His theory of evolution (that is being taught today) is undoubtedly incorrect. As it was when it was first proposed, for the very same reasons today.

Show me fossil records to support, show me a sign of evolution in the last 180 years. Show me proof. Tell me just how the eye evolved. I'd rather be spoon feed the bible then this sorry idea of "science" to fact.
You can't completely even justify the statement that the theory is incorrect. You can't deny that natural selection occurs, because it does. I'm hoping you know exactly how natural selection occurs. The eye for one thing has had no need to evolve when things are doing good, and there's no true need for evolution. When it's causing things to die off is when there's a need for evolution, for instance when the gazelle (sp?) runs from the lion, which ones get caught? that's right the slow ones, so with them gone there's only the strong and fast that survive to reproduce (this works with race to if it wasn't for welfare and things of that nature). I like to be able to combine the two, religion and evolution because parts of both can be supported especially if they're meshed together. What do you believe in then lexon? I know it's not christianity, and you clearly stated your stand on evolution.