Anime Lan

Talk about games and stuff...
User avatar
LORD MANN
I like to fart on people.
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:13 pm
Location: shampoo

Postby LORD MANN » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:54 am

NinjaZ wrote:andy how many anime's have you seen in your life. yeah thats what i thought end.
5 and they all sucked ecexpet pokemon and that was when i was little go south park
"I want you to pull the trigger til they don't get up"

brilliant!!!!!!!!
Image
http://www.chadsmom.com/
NinjaZ
Limp Geek
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:25 am
Contact:

Postby NinjaZ » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:07 am

lol pokemon was the best i downloaded the 1st movie lol
I like Cereal
User avatar
Guess Who?
purple drank in da house
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:33 pm
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Postby Guess Who? » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:51 pm

I've seen some of the so called "good" anime and it consists of gayness... I feel sick knowing that people can even compare that crap to good cartoons.

Small list of great animation:

Any Warner Bros. or Merrie Melodies including Looney Tunes and other countless (hundreds) cartoon shorts ranging from the 30s to the 70s

the late 80s early 90s Nickelodeon including: Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, The Angry Beavers, etc...

not to mention all Fox cartoons like The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad...

Cartoon network: Futurama

Comedy Central: South Park, Dr. Katz (from the 90s)...

Sicemation (sp?) MTV2's lineup: Celebrity Death Match, Invader Zim...

Old disney stuff

and there is so much more... beat that ^_^ fools.

They need to know where animation was born, and that was the good ol' US! pay homage!
Image
User avatar
LORD MANN
I like to fart on people.
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:13 pm
Location: shampoo

Postby LORD MANN » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:15 pm

NinjaZ wrote:lol pokemon was the best i downloaded the 1st movie lol
I have it on VHS LOL
"I want you to pull the trigger til they don't get up"

brilliant!!!!!!!!
Image
http://www.chadsmom.com/
User avatar
andrewrice07
Riced out like a Honda
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: VA Beach
Contact:

Postby andrewrice07 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:18 pm

Guess Who? wrote:I've seen some of the so called "good" anime and it consists of gayness... I feel sick knowing that people can even compare that crap to good cartoons.

Small list of great animation:

Any Warner Bros. or Merrie Melodies including Looney Tunes and other countless (hundreds) cartoon shorts ranging from the 30s to the 70s

the late 80s early 90s Nickelodeon including: Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, The Angry Beavers, etc...

not to mention all Fox cartoons like The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad...

Cartoon network: Futurama

Comedy Central: South Park, Dr. Katz (from the 90s)...

Sicemation (sp?) MTV2's lineup: Celebrity Death Match, Invader Zim...

Old disney stuff

and there is so much more... beat that ^_^ fools.

They need to know where animation was born, and that was the good ol' US! pay homage!


exactly...u got to add like dexters lab for cartoon network too
Don't Be Sexist - Bitches Hate That
User avatar
Lexon Avery
Richard Cranium
Posts: 1566
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:57 pm
Location: Morehead
Contact:

Postby Lexon Avery » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:19 pm

Guess Who? wrote:Small list of great animation:

Any Warner Bros. or Merrie Melodies including Looney Tunes and other countless (hundreds) cartoon shorts ranging from the 30s to the 70s

the late 80s early 90s Nickelodeon including: Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, The Angry Beavers, etc...

not to mention all Fox cartoons like The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad...

Cartoon network: Futurama

Comedy Central: South Park, Dr. Katz (from the 90s)...

Sicemation (sp?) MTV2's lineup: Celebrity Death Match, Invader Zim...

Old disney stuff


Wow, you know the list to all the shows I cannot physically stand to watch, don't forget to add aqua teen hunger force to the list. (all but Family Guy and besides it, Daria was a better show then anything else on this list)

Oh and CDM was a clay-mation you microcephalic flute!
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
User avatar
cman06
Leroy Jenkins
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:17 am
Location: Carlittle
Contact:

Postby cman06 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:31 am

Guess Who? wrote:anime < american cartoons (real animation)

maybe a lan everyone would enjoy is more appropriate, I'm for a Dave Chappelle LAN anytime... Both seasons, the lost episodes, stand-up, half baked... and maybe during the summer a weekend long south park lan.


im all for that idea and i agree with u on shows. humor and realism is much better than a bunch a chink written out of this world cant even get the words right with the mouth movements(granted they r in antother language) so called anime. still they could go back and make an american version to fit this if it was so dan good. so my conclusion is its not 4 me!
HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE
NinjaZ
Limp Geek
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:25 am
Contact:

Postby NinjaZ » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:05 am

cman06 wrote:
Guess Who? wrote:anime < american cartoons (real animation)

maybe a lan everyone would enjoy is more appropriate, I'm for a Dave Chappelle LAN anytime... Both seasons, the lost episodes, stand-up, half baked... and maybe during the summer a weekend long south park lan.


im all for that idea and i agree with u on shows. humor and realism is much better than a bunch a chink written out of this world cant even get the words right with the mouth movements(granted they r in antother language) so called anime. still they could go back and make an american version to fit this if it was so dan good. so my conclusion is its not 4 me!


Thank you Chad for your Racal commits, but i am sure we who do like anime dont care. You are very smart chad i am sure if you sit down and watch some thing like Evanglion and tryed to understand it you would like anime but i am sure some where in you would be more like "I hate them chinks, yeah they must be like the worst people on the earth because... ummm the eyes yeah their eyes and the umm ching chong chang. and umm they suck yeah because america is so much better." but do what you will.
I like Cereal
User avatar
l33tn3kk3dskillz
is way cooler with the lights off
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:08 pm
Location: greece

Postby l33tn3kk3dskillz » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:43 am

guess who and all the others if you dont like anime dont come to the lan or post on threads pertaining to anime you are allowed to have your opinions but not to impose them on others
Ares! Destroy my enemies and my life is yours!"
User avatar
Jcreed08
n00b Geek
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:28 pm
Location: At Jenna's House

Postby Jcreed08 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:43 am

Holy shampoo that was a hard burn......... But anyways Im all for an anime LAN that would be awesome.

And to all the people that are against the Anime LAN then dont come.... it was said way early in this threads that if you dont like Anime then dont sit there and say of much you hate it and how it sucks so bad if you think that of it then dont come and all you had to say was Im not coming.
User avatar
Lexon Avery
Richard Cranium
Posts: 1566
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:57 pm
Location: Morehead
Contact:

Postby Lexon Avery » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:01 pm

l33tn3kk3dskillz wrote:guess who and all the others if you dont like anime dont come to the lan or post on threads pertaining to anime you are allowed to have your opinions but not to impose them on others


What, I welcome conflict, just as long as it doen't turn into this.

NinjaZ wrote:but i am sure some where in you would be more like "I hate them chinks, yeah they must be like the worst people on the earth because... ummm the eyes yeah their eyes and the umm ching chong chang. and umm they suck yeah because america is so much better." but do what you will.


Because that is really useful in a debate, you get 2 points for anticipating peoples comments, while criticizing them with your fancy Marxist's rhetoric.

See that is how you do it openly without all those consequentialists flaws :)

Okay. They would never remake any movie or Anime or cartoon to sink up lip movements, just like you well never see a major American Production company, they well only be in China because they save money by not paying American taxes (not that they do in the states to begin with) and low labor costs. So I guess I feel sorry for you because the capitalist ways I love and respect (well maybe not) are stopping you from injoing quility anamation. But I guess that is why I can stand watching low quality cams too, I just want to capture the point of the movie, not those pretty pictures, all I need is audio. Of course I dont really need the audio if it is in Japanese just the subtitles lol there is just so much more life in the Japanese language then in English these days... (and just encase nighthawk sees this, I need high quality anime so I can get a good image in my head to draw it, it's challenging yet accomplishable.)

And besides, it's a LAN, all you are going to hear is the random talk of the anime running in the background, why your killing the people that are watching it. You should be wanting a Anime LAN, that way I wont dominate! (lol j/k)
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
NinjaZ
Limp Geek
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:25 am
Contact:

Postby NinjaZ » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:03 pm

lol i think i understood what just happened. I am just saying that we dont care for Chad's commits on The Jappaness. I like U.S. but i also like the Japaness too.
I like Cereal
User avatar
Guess Who?
purple drank in da house
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:33 pm
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Postby Guess Who? » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:09 pm

NinjaZ wrote:lol i think i understood what just happened. I am just saying that we dont care for Chad's commits on The Jappaness. I like U.S. but i also like the Japaness too.


just for the record that I have yet to say racial comments toward Asians in this thread... that was corey. please don't use actual names on the forum... like I just did.
Image
User avatar
LORD MANN
I like to fart on people.
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:13 pm
Location: shampoo

Postby LORD MANN » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:16 pm

Guess Who? wrote:
NinjaZ wrote:lol i think i understood what just happened. I am just saying that we dont care for Guess Who commits on The Jappaness. I like U.S. but i also like the Japaness too.


just for the record that I have yet to say racial comments toward Asians in this thread... that was cman06. please don't use actual names on the forum... like I just did.
i dont now if they, know but we know
"I want you to pull the trigger til they don't get up"

brilliant!!!!!!!!
Image
http://www.chadsmom.com/
User avatar
andrewrice07
Riced out like a Honda
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: VA Beach
Contact:

Postby andrewrice07 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:47 pm

but like i said before,,,the last few lans that we have had no one either
A) comes or B) wants to actually play anything except for like two of us, so its not going to be a lan its just most likely going to be a anime showing with like 5 people there. and yeah dont use names on here or try and put words into guess whos mouth that have not yet been spoken.
Don't Be Sexist - Bitches Hate That

Return to “Games and Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest