Hub

Where we chat about Music and Movies.
Richard Cranium

Hub

Post by Lexon Avery »

Lets setup a hub, I'll power it, internet it, back it up, and store it.

So, what OS does it need, what software does it need, and what is the configuration

The System:

Core 2 duo, 4x 250gb (raid 0/1/10), 4-6gb of ram (its ddr2 if we have stuff we can toss in it i will)

Net is:
50mb down, 5mb up

The way I see it music can all be on there all the time, but video have to be phased and cleaned at times. Kind of like a new and request folder.

For naming also is something to think about.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
My mom is very do-able.

Re: Hub

Post by vantec89 »

a hub???
Corsair 800D
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme
i7 2700k @ 5ghz
16gb Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 1600
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 1536mb
WD Velociraptor 150gb x 2 in Raid0
Seagate Barracuda 1tb x 2
Richard Cranium

Re: Hub

Post by Lexon Avery »

A hub:

1. The central part of a wheel, rotating on or with the axle, and from which the spokes radiate.

2. A place or thing that forms the effective center of an activity, region, or network.

Like BitTorrent Sync, something where we have a unified collection point, I.E. my toy server i have now yet everyone still has everything at the same time.

I've been playing around with this and its kind of neat, you can set it for read only than have a dump point that's read write so that there is an approval process, that way it prevents people from uploading stuff that's not named right. It also handles renaming very well, so if we had a collection we could process it together, and than lock it.

Or something like that.

Either way, it's been nice here in apt setting up a share with BTsync and having a backup on a second machine. We are working out a few kinks with it and maybe this is a easy enough solution to the question. That and I dont want my upload completely being raped at all times :p, so having a few Kps come from other people is cool too. Maybe even set my server at the Bo office up as a second storage point.

We haven't tested what happens when you run out of disk space on a drive and someone uploads more files yet, but we will.

if anyone want to try it out let me know and i'll send you a encryption key
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0