The Da Vinci Code thoughts

Where we chat about Music and Movies.
n00b Geek

The Da Vinci Code thoughts

Post by bhs_pirates »

I just finished reading the book, and I will be seeing the movie Tuesday nite. It was a great book--extremely interesting. I was just wondering how everyone felt about what the book suggests about the life of Jesus.
antique farm machinery sold here

Post by nighthawk101 »

1) good movie

2) I do not know whether its clue or not. It is insinuating that Christ was not divine, which is incorrect. But, he was a human as well, so its not out of the question to have been married.

Final thoughts: anything to do with a coverup and the Catholic Church is 100% plausible.
Im not being agressive, im being dominant
I am really Myth

Post by Shadow »

nighthawk101 wrote:Final thoughts: anything to do with a coverup and the Catholic Church is 100% plausible.
The Catholic Church there is plenty of coverups and subterfuge throughout history(i.e. the black popes) that we have discovered and a 100% plausible chance there are plenty more just waiting to be discovered.
I Hate People, People Make Me Pro-Nuclear.

-Margret Smith-
n00b Geek

Post by bhs_pirates »

I intend to see the movie as soon as I can get off of work long enough to go...I CANNOT for the life of me get any of my friends to go w/ me...there are a couple of them that go to church somewhat regularly, and even those do not want to go...

What I can't stand is people that aren't open-minded enough to go out, watch a movie, and enjoy themself, rather than think they are denying Christianity as we know it today via watching a movie...

I'm surprised Lexon hasn't let me have his input on this one, although I think we have discussed it before...Whatever happened to you finishing Angels & Demons, Lexon?
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

"THE CLOSING OF THE AMERICAN MIND" is what happened, that book makes both od dan browns look like 4th grade, heck even the book im rading now doesnt compare to that "Stand for Something". They are good books but im in learning mode so i need to read from "Great" writers not weak ones. not that dan Brown is weak but that book changed my mind on almost everything.

if u want a good book "Closing the American Mind" is it. It may be hard to read and make u think but my god after 200 pages you think "WOW" (that is if you look past what hes talking about and see the point of it all i almost want to reread it, but i only got to the end of part 2 i didnt get to finish part 3 of the book.

and i havent scene the movie lol
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0

Post by lordofthepcs »

In all honesty, I could care less whether or not Jesus was married. If he was, that's great. Personally, I think it would be freaking awesome to be a decendant of Jesus Christ. I don't think that his marriage would change my beliefs that much...
DRob
[email protected]

"You have no idea what I'm capable of..." - Lex Luthor
Yeah, I know...

Post by thefordmccord »

Have you ever seen the movie Dogma??

Anywho, I think that the "Virgin" Marry was just some slut who cheated on her husband and then made up some crazy story to cover it all up.

edit:
I wonder who that just pissed off?
McDesktop: X5670 [email protected]~NZXT X61~ASUS Sabertooth X58~24gb Kingston HyperX 1866~EVGA GTX 970~NZXT HALEv2 1000w PSU~Crucial M500 960GB~2X2TB WD Green~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~3X 27" IPS Displays
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

thefordmccord wrote:Have you ever seen the movie Dogma??
Great movie funny
thefordmccord wrote:I wonder who that just pissed off?
Not me lol I think Jesus was "God’s" little mistake
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
n00b Geek

Post by bhs_pirates »

Great movie funny

thefordmccord wrote:
I wonder who that just pissed off?

Not me lol I think Jesus was "God’s" little mistake

lexon, you are so demented...lol...it makes me laugh even harder because i can actually visualize you saying that in my mind...haha
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

well really i think alot more then that but hey.. thats just me u have to understand who i am and why to understand the reasoning behind jesus and how the bible depicts him all wrong, ad amy religions depict there great leaders very poorly.

did u see the movie yet??
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
n00b Geek

Post by bhs_pirates »

no...i'm dying to go...anybody i ask to go with me thinks that they are committing to some sort of satanic cult and they are going to be brainwashed, raped, and sign over their life to the Devil...

i'm still thinking about going tonite or tomorrow tho...I'm gonna watch it tho
purple drank in da house

Post by Guess Who? »

I think people put to much thought into the code, and they mistake what is supposed to be fiction for reality way to easily. Brown makes several good points throughout the book but it shouldn't change or alter anyone's thoughts on what the Bible says about it. It was a good book and was great fiction...

PS Angels and Demons would have made a better movie and was a better book than all of the rest of Dan Browns books.

Has anyone heard any more news on the Soloman Key? It's supposed to come out soon, but I imagine all of the court ordeals slowed his progress.
n00b Geek

Post by bhs_pirates »

I have no idea when Solomon's Key is supposed to come out...but I also read Angels and Demons, and I agree that it would have made a great movie too...I can't just the da vinci code movie yet because I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN IT!

I think where people get all mixed up about this whole thing is that its not denying anything about christianity...we know that Jesus was divine, but there are 30 years or so that we really know nothing about...this book sets forth facts from lost books of the bible and other clues as to what could have been going on during Jesus' time as a real man (not the Jesus we know).

What's wrong with him maybe being married and having a child? I don't see any problem with it? Doesn't it seem strange to others that there is such a large chunk of time that we know nothing about his life? We know Abraham's family tree down to his 6th cousin's aunt's brother, twice removed. However, someone of far more importance in the Bible (Jesus) we know nothing of 30 years of his life?
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

its that way to shampoo with peoples heads... makes the close minded Christian faith do bad things...like the crusades lol

but in all reality Jesus was just a man and the over “divineness” of him destroys the story of Jesus, as does with the Islamic faith. But im not hear to judge what makes people think they are happy or tell them what is happiness, it’s a freakin movie. You can watch it or u don’t have to, u can think that its bad or good just with any other movie. I.E. the Passion of the Christ.

lol it almost sounds like this forum title needs to be changed to Movies/music/books lol or the Mixed Media
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
purple drank in da house

Post by Guess Who? »

bhs_pirates wrote:I think where people get all mixed up about this whole thing is that its not denying anything about christianity...we know that Jesus was divine, but there are 30 years or so that we really know nothing about...this book sets forth facts from lost books of the bible and other clues as to what could have been going on during Jesus' time as a real man (not the Jesus we know).
Are you kidding me? Brown takes nearly everyone of his facts from Holy Blood Holy Grail (that's what the court feuding was about). Even if he took it from the lost books of the Bible, it would still be shampoo. The lost "books" are retarded (i.e. the gospel of Judas). I've read the majority of the Apocrypha (sp?), Dead Sea Scrolls, and stuff like that and it all sounds like the most phony farfetched things I've ever read.

"lost books" of anything are usually fake and I wouldn't ever put too much faith in them. For instance the lost book of Hitler, it was founded by a jew, and ironically it made him sound like he wanted complete world domination (which is wrong). That's one of many "lost books" that are false.