Quad Core?

Where the shampoo hits the fan...
Cell phone whore.

Quad Core?

Post by NateDawg2007 »

Hey guys I just ordered a Intel Core 2 Duo Quad Q6600 for my new build. I was wondering what you guys thought of that specific processor?
I like to fart on people.

Post by LORD MANN »

you suck that is pretty sweet cpu though
"I want you to pull the trigger til they don't get up"

brilliant!!!!!!!!
http://www.chadsmom.com/
Cell phone whore.

Post by NateDawg2007 »

Yeah the reviews are pretty good on it. I updated my computer specs listed below. I should be getting all my parts in by this Wednesday. I'll prolly throw it tegether after class on Thursday.
antique farm machinery sold here

Post by nighthawk101 »

What are you using it for? If just for gaming then its probably overkill as there arent enough games that even take full advantage of the dual core. Now video editing or something..... different story.
Im not being agressive, im being dominant
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

I might as well post here, that i got one as well, sometime tomorrow i'll put the after market heat sink on and post some specs. But yeah Quad cores are pretty much the rawest thing ever!
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Cell phone whore.

Post by NateDawg2007 »

Hey Lexon seen you at Wal-Mart the other day.. Dang Thats like the first time ive seen you in forever!! But yeah I read up on the Quad b4 I bought it and its suppose to overclock like heck too!!

Post by nighthawk101 »

NateDawg2007 wrote:Hey Lexon seen you at Wal-Mart the other day.. Dang Thats like the first time ive seen you in forever!! But yeah I read up on the Quad b4 I bought it and its suppose to overclock like heck too!!
yeah but what are you doing with it? If you are doing alot of video stuff then its one thing, but if you are gaming alot, I dont see where the performance balances out the price. Most games don't even take full adavantage of dual cores yet. Most of the quad core will go completely unused.
Cell phone whore.

Post by NateDawg2007 »

Well I figure that since I have already had a Dual Core Conroe that I would just get the Quad to see how much better it was. I will also be using it for some of my classes but for now it will be used for some gaming and Word Processing. Oh and surfing the net....
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

It was about 68 in the room, we normally keep it around 70 to 75 so my temps set a little higher normally. I put my old after market Heatsink back on with some arctic silver 5 and let it run an hour at full load (which is hard to do lol) to let the grease sit a little.

After about an hour i let it cool for about 20 min to let all the hot air in the case with the Tornado's on high. And took this screen

Then I did what I have found that the q6600 loves to do, video converting, like nighthawk thinks i dont do for some reason lol. Opened up 4 versions of Divx to DVD and converted some of my latest movies to dvd, I've found that its the easiest way to max out the processor, the only problem is that it also heats the hard drive with the video file/destination up as well. My P4 took about the length of the video to convert while this clearly takes just short of an hour for 4, just converting one takes under 30 min. Not bad i think lol considering its the Drives that are holding that time back. And about 20 min into I took this screen (when the temps appeared to stop) but the highest any core got was 45. I dont feel safe overclocking just yet i figured i'd let ford do it whenever i/he gets the chance to let him work his wiring magic. I'm one fan and 4 CCFL's short as is and my GPU knows it.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0

Post by nighthawk101 »

No, I knew you did.... I was talking about natedawg
Cell phone whore.

Post by NateDawg2007 »

Nice Lexon!! All of my parts should be in by tomorrow!!! I cant wait all I am waiting on is my Case and my CD/DVD Burner!! I think im gonna run Windows Vista Ultimate x64BIT but im not for sure I kinds like sticking with XP.
Yeah, I know...

Post by thefordmccord »

New computer? What's that? :?
McDesktop: X5670 [email protected]~NZXT X61~ASUS Sabertooth X58~24gb Kingston HyperX 1866~EVGA GTX 970~NZXT HALEv2 1000w PSU~Crucial M500 960GB~2X2TB WD Green~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~3X 27" IPS Displays

Post by nighthawk101 »

are you still running the p4 2.8???
Yeah, I know...

Post by thefordmccord »

Yep, still rockin the [email protected]. I have 2 gigs of RAM in it now, so that helps things. I do need to upgrade the video card cause the 6600gt is to slow to run COD4.
McDesktop: X5670 [email protected]~NZXT X61~ASUS Sabertooth X58~24gb Kingston HyperX 1866~EVGA GTX 970~NZXT HALEv2 1000w PSU~Crucial M500 960GB~2X2TB WD Green~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~3X 27" IPS Displays
Cell phone whore.

Post by NateDawg2007 »

Guys we need to have a LAN party!!!