Quad Core?

Where the shampoo hits the fan...
is way cooler with the lights off

Post by l33tn3kk3dskillz »

i'm in for a LAN
Ares! Destroy my enemies and my life is yours!"
I like to fart on people.

Post by LORD MANN »

LAN we must. we geeks are a dieing breed we must have a LAN THE COMPUTER GODS demand A LAN PARTY and it's been to long
"I want you to pull the trigger til they don't get up"

brilliant!!!!!!!!
http://www.chadsmom.com/
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

You know after running this system for a month or so now I'd have to say i am really happy with it. I dont feel like i'm wasting time converting video/audio. Like I dont have to make an event out of it. Used to be if i wanted to do something like that i'd have to dedicate hours of my day to get 3 things done. Now I can do 3 things in 30 min and still have a core to dedicate to normal use. Its getting to the point where I cant come up with tasks to work over work it. I think from now on HDD space will be the only upgrades I do for years to come.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
antique farm machinery sold here

Post by nighthawk101 »

I wouldn't go that far.... in a year we'll all be like "oh you have a quad core? lol!"

Tis the way of tech
Im not being agressive, im being dominant
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

yeah but I'm talking about a year or two longer then my P4's life which is what 5 years. so maybe 8 at max. Yeah if i get a nice job then it will be a little different but, this thing does what i need as good as I need it done. Keep in mind i still have the p4, just i dont use it but on the weekends.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Cell phone whore.

Post by NateDawg2007 »

Lexon I hear ya man this thing is a beast... I can rip/convert movies while playing Crysis with no problems. I think Intel has definately out done themselves I bet the Quad Core Extreme rocks! But yeah Im really happy with this processor, cant say the same for my graphics card.