vinegar

Where the shampoo hits the fan...
I like to fart on people.

vinegar

Post by LORD MANN »

when i have leg cramps i just drink some vinegar and it got me think and so i talked about i learned other ways it helped so i want and looked it up and here is what i learned

Medicinal uses

Many remedies and treatments have been ascribed to vinegar over the millennia in many different cultures. However, few have been verifiable using controlled medical trials and several that are effective to some extent have significant risks and side effects. In most cases, alternative treatments are more effective and less risky. Nevertheless, there is verifiable evidence that vinegar is effective for certain conditions.

Blood glucose control and diabetic management

Small amounts of vinegar (approx. 20 mls or two tablespoons of domestic vinegar) added to food, or taken along with a meal, have been shown by a number of medical trials to reduce the glycemic index of carbohydrate food in both healthy and diabetic recipients.[5][6][7] This has also been expressed as lower glycemic index ratings in the region of 30%.[8][9]

Diet control

Multiple trials indicate that taking vinegar with food increases satiety (the feeling of fullness) and so reduces the amount of food consumed.[10][11] Even a single application of vinegar can lead to reduced food intake for a whole day.[12]

Treatment for jellyfish stings

Applying vinegar to jellyfish stings deactivates the nematocysts. However, placing the affected areas into hot-water is a more effective treatment because the venom is deactivated by heat. The latter requires immersion in 45 degrees celsius water for at least four minutes for the pain to be reduced to less than that of vinegar.[13] However, vinegar should not be applied to portuguese man o' war stings, since their venom is different and vinegar can actually cause the nematocysts from their venom to discharge, making the pain worse.[14] The hot water immersion or cold ice pack treatments have been shown to be the best for treatment of portuguese man o' war stings.[15]

Traditional and anecdotal treatments

* Hippocrates prescribed vinegar for many ailments, from skin rash to ear infection.

* Vinegar is a folk medicine used in China to prevent the spread of virus such as SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) and other pneumonia outbreaks:

* In February 2003, an outbreak in China's Guangdong province of an atypical pneumonia caused massive demand and soaring prices for vinegar, isatis root, and other medicines believed to to be useful in killing the infectious agent.[16]

* The therapeutic use of vinegar is recorded in the second verse of the nursery rhyme “Jack and Jill”: “Went to bed and bound his head / With vinegar and brown paper.” As with some nursery rhymes, there is truth in the story. The vinegar used would likely have been cider vinegar.

* Apple cider vinegar is a much more useful astringent than ice and will reduce inflammation, bruising and swelling in approximately a third of the time that ice will take. Application is directly onto the skin with a flannel, and left on for an hour or so.[citation needed]

* Apple cider vinegar in particular is often touted as a medical aid, from cancer prevention to alleviation of joint pain to weight loss.[17] Claims of its benefits go back at least to Hippocrates. In 1958, Dr. D. C. Jarvis made the remedy popular with a book that sold 500,000 copies.

* Claims that cider vinegar can be used as a beauty aid also persist,[18] despite the fact that apple cider vinegar can sometimes be very dangerous to the eyes. The acid will burn and the eyes will become red, but no damage to the eyes has ever been described. If the vinegar contains mother of vinegar the slime bacteria of the mother can cause ophthalmitis.[citation needed]

* Many believe that vinegar is also a cure to mild to moderate sunburn when soaked on the area with a towel or in a bath.[citation needed]

* Cider vinegar is also claimed to be a solution to dandruff, in that the acid in the vinegar kills the fungus Malassezia furfur (formerly known as Pityrosporum ovale) and restores the chemical balance of the skin.[citation needed]

* Cider vinegar is a natural remedy for yeast infections, when diluted with water and used as a douche.[19]

Veterinary treatment

Vinegar along with hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is used in the livestock industry to kill bacteria and viruses before refrigeration storage. A chemical mixture of peracetic acid is formed when acetic acid is mixed with hydrogen peroxide. It is being used in some Asian countries by aerosol sprays for control of pneumonia. A mixture of five-percent acetic acid and three-percent hydrogen peroxide is commonly used.[citation needed]

Apple cider vinegar can be used to prevent some problems in the digestive systems of dogs, such as E. Coli. The vinegar is acidic until it enters the dog's body, and it lines their intestines. E. coli cannot attach to an alkaline vinegar-coated intestine
"I want you to pull the trigger til they don't get up"

brilliant!!!!!!!!
http://www.chadsmom.com/
Riced out like a Honda

Post by andrewrice07 »

why did u make two threads for this??
Don't Be Sexist - Bitches Hate That
I like to fart on people.

Post by LORD MANN »

my internet was acting up
"I want you to pull the trigger til they don't get up"

brilliant!!!!!!!!
http://www.chadsmom.com/
Lite Geek

Post by Art Vandelay »

LORD MANN wrote:my internet was acting up
Probably due to too much vinegar.
"It's you and me against the world, Birdman. Two heavily armed men in a bunker, fighting extradition."