Roommate of the Year!

Where the shampoo hits the fan...
n00b Geek

Roommate of the Year!

Post by bhs_pirates »

hey everyone...i know i'm new, but I had to post this...Lexon could agree that my roommate here at college is most likely the dumbest person in the entire world...i'm going to post a copy of his PAPER for his FINAL in English this semester...

disregard the intro and and some of the conclusion to the paper as his, because someone else wrote it for him (for a price, of course)...i think it will be obvious what work is actually his...lmao
Last edited by bhs_pirates on Sun May 07, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n00b Geek

Roommate of the Year--Part I

Post by bhs_pirates »

America: A Drug Fueled Society

American society and drugs is a story most everyone has heard, but because of how many times this issue is pressed we fail to recognize just how bad the situation is today and what it may become tomorrow. America has become a drug fueled society for a number of reasons, such as global transportation, media encouragement, peer pressure, teenage failure to realize what drugs do to the human body, and mass assortment of drugs make for easy access to the public legal or not. This drug fad is having dire affects on American society. Drugs have created a higher crime rate, caused numbers of teenage abuse and deaths.

In today’s society the media plays a role in kids finding out about drugs. Take MTV you can turn you TV to this channel and see something that will pertain to drugs or some famous rap star or popular idol going to jail for using drugs. Or on VH1 is talking about some famous person talking about there life story and all the drugs they did during there career. Drugs in today’s society are one of the many things that make this society the way that it is. Without the use of drugs used in the illegal ways it would make this society a better place to live. More than most people may understand the media plays a role in both positive and negative effects on the publicity of drugs. For one you have the TV commercials that talk about way to prevent you from going with the flow and accepting to partake in the use of drugs, but it also give drugs the need media time to let people learn about the effects and for some people they may find this very interesting such as movies show scarface doing large amounts of cocaine and kids at a young age might find it appealing .

Many different drugs have different effects on the body. You need to first ask yourself what is a drug? For me I think that drugs are Marijuana, LSD, PCP, Ecstasy, Cocaine or Crack and Alcohol. These are all common drugs that the average American is thought in health class some point in you educational career. But have you ever thought about nicotine or even the common Dr. Pepper is that not a drug it contains caffeine that is addicting to some people. You could go as far as to say that food is addicting or driving to fast but most people do not think that that these things are addicting.

Marijuana is one of the most common drugs out on the market. Some of the common names are Weed, Trees, Happy Grass, Bud. You can go as far as the end of the street or as close as the room next door no matter where it is that you are going to go it is all around you. With marijuana that harmful effective ingredient is THC. THC is the chemical that makes you “High” or “Stoned.” According to Hanson, Glen in today’s Marijuana contains anywhere from 4%-6%. He also states that Colombian Marijuana which is called Geneva sativa, Sinsemilla, also known as Northern lights contains anywhere from 6%-9%.(pg. 31)

Marijuana has three main effects on the body which are Antiseizure, Antidepressant, and Analgesic. Antiseizure effects may cause the body to have convulse or seizure. Antidepressant which can be used in medical purposes to help control a person who may be depressed, but it can also cause someone to become depressed. Analgesic is in casues where it is used to help in the process of reliving pain.
n00b Geek

Roommate of the Year--Part II

Post by bhs_pirates »

Many people think and have come to believe that your peers pressure you into doing things that you may not necessarily want to do. You know what it is that I am talking about you see the commercials on TV where your son or daughter are out with there friends and there friends ask them to smoke some marijuana with them and at the end of the commercial it tells you that you should talk to your children and let them know that drugs are bad and don’t get me wrong they are. From experience I have dealt with friends who ask me to do something that I may not feel like doing and I let them that I am not interested in doing that and they have in some way force me to try it. I feel people make there own decisions regardless who says what.

Structural factors which include gender, ethnicity race or social class Hanson continues to say. Social and Interactional facts include interpersonal relationship, drug use within the peer group setting or with in friendships. He also talks about attitudinal factors which may also include the following personal attitudes towards the use of drugs.
There are different effects that drugs have on different people. There are main and side effects of all drugs and alcohol. Let’s take alcohol. The side effects of alcohol is that it will cause you to become nauseated, light headed, dizzy, slurred words and even memory loss. With marijuana the side effects of this drug might be loss of normal motor skills which may include walking, slurred words. It can also cause you to have imparted judgment.

Drug use is all around use in today’s society even the military. According to the Pentagon misconduct involving drugs is one of the main reasons for discharge in the military today. (Resources.” Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Weekly) Drug and alcohol use is common in most every place. There are different ways to help people deal with these addictions. One way is called forced abstinence. This would be a way that convicts or people sent to jail for a period of time will not be able to obtain the drug or alcohol that they normally are use to. This sounds like a very painful way of treatment and it has been proven to be false. According to Alcoholism and Drugs Abuse Weekly “ we now know that forced abstinence from drug use during incarceration, if abstains occurs, does not alleviate addiction.” Nora D. Volkow also continued to state “ research shows that effective treatment of addiction a chronic relapsing disease of the brain, characterized by compulsive behavior requires addressing underlying issues and causes.” (Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Weekly)

What can America do to end its social dependence on substance abuse? Well the argument has been made more than once by numerous people who say that if illegal substances were made legal and taxed there would be less people using them. This idea is an act of biased ignorance! It is made mostly by people who are substance abusers themselves and would like to see drugs legalized, so they could acquire more of them at lower prices. The real answer lies in the administration of current policies. Law enforcement does fight their part to keep drugs off the streets, but movement for stronger enforcement should be made. Stricter punishments for people involved in drug related crimes would help to lower the abuse of substances. Also stricter laws governing the access of drug making and related materials should be set in place to cut down on how easy drugs are to be produced by the general public and restrict border access to limit drugs coming into the country. It is we that must uphold this responsibility to make our country a better and safer place for our children to grow up in. Altogether stricter laws need to be placed on drugs so that American society can be freed of its poisons. We the people should take a stand to save our society from the downfall of substance abuse.

When dealing with the solution there are some other ways that can help people over come these very tough and difficult obstacles. If you feel like you have a problem with using drugs or alcohol even a problem with tobacco produces you first of need to go and consult a family member or a relative or even a close friend and let them know the whole truth and the whole situation. If you leave any thing out it will make the process of recovery a long and treacherous road.

So as you can see and understand that in today’s society drugs and alcohol are not only LSD, PCP, Marijuana or alcohol or even nicotine they can be any number of things. It is very important that if you don’t get anything out of this paper just get this, that you have the mind power to make your own decisions and you don’t always have to follow the crowd to become who it is that you want to be. Stand up and make a name for your self, become a person who has his/hers own goal and ideas that they would like to achieve.
Lite Geek

Post by Art Vandelay »

I'm not sure whether to cry or laugh at that.
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

may i add there was no work cited page...??? can someone say plagiarism

oh and the sad part is he told the guys that wrote the intro and part of the conclusion that his teacher told him it was a good paper.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
16GB of Corsair Dominator GT
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Lite Geek

Post by Art Vandelay »

Lexon Avery wrote: oh and the sad part is he told the guys that wrote the intro and part of the conclusion that his teacher told him it was a good paper.

That settles it.
Any college teacher who says that was a good paper is full of crap.
n00b Geek

Post by bhs_pirates »

lexon, i guess we won't know until the start of next semester whether or not he passed the class or not...undoubtedly he supplied his teacher with some haschish or something, because that was crap...
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that.
...the answer to that one is def laugh...then cry...from laughing so hard lol
Richard Cranium

Post by Lexon Avery »

the "sun god" should give it to the pro. he had that bleeds papers in red ink and hangs them on his door for kicks lol. id love to read the rip's off that paper.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Richard Cranium

Re:

Post by Lexon Avery »

bhs_pirates wrote:lexon, i guess we won't know until the start of next semester whether or not he passed the class or not...undoubtedly he supplied his teacher with some haschish or something, because that was crap...
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that.
...the answer to that one is def laugh...then cry...from laughing so hard lol

Well, forgot about this thread and I figured some of the new users never got to read it lol. But the guy that wrote the paper got a 0.3 that semester and never came back, that is until he spent some time in the army and now he's back here or was for a semester and now he's full time army.
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Evga GTX 780
Seasonic X-850
Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB
3x 2TB Hitachi Raid 0
Yeah, I know...

Re: Roommate of the Year!

Post by thefordmccord »

hey, whats going on in this thread?
McDesktop: X5670 [email protected]~NZXT X61~ASUS Sabertooth X58~24gb Kingston HyperX 1866~EVGA GTX 970~NZXT HALEv2 1000w PSU~Crucial M500 960GB~2X2TB WD Green~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~3X 27" IPS Displays
I like to fart on people.

Re: Roommate of the Year!

Post by LORD MANN »

this remainds me of my old paper about job shadowing.... and i hope ur roommate gets raped by black man on meth then he can do a paper on rape and black on black crime
and who said smoking weed was bad for u? look at all the famus pot heads!!!!!!!!!!!! this shampoo smokes more then billy mays and look he is like "i'm riping this like a champ" and one may ask how can u tell he is a major stoner look at the bong its a roor the cheapset are like 74 bucks some of normal run around 300 to 400 and the custom which is wat he is hiting are around 1000 to 2000....... so why must we take this crap i have no idea where i'm going with this so i want this bong http://www.roor-bongs.com/roor-bongs-sh ... 0-355-986/

but one must know that u can turn ur back on a person but never turn ur back on a drug
"I want you to pull the trigger til they don't get up"

brilliant!!!!!!!!
http://www.chadsmom.com/